Guidelines for using iGlobal Stores Trademarks and Copyrights
These guidelines are for authorized partners of iGlobal Stores (hereafter referred to as iGlobal) as well as its developers, customers, and other parties wishing to use their trademarks, service marks or images in promotional, advertising, instructional, or reference materials, or on their web sites, products, labels, or packaging.
If you have been provided with special trademark usage guidelines with your license agreement, please follow those guidelines. If your license agreement does not provide usage guidelines, then follow these guidelines.
iGlobal’s trademarks, service marks, trade names, and service names are valuable assets. In following these guidelines, you help us protect our valuable trademark rights and strengthen our corporate and brand identities. By using an iGlobal trademark, in whole or in part, you are acknowledging that iGlobal is the sole owner of the trademark and promising that you will not interfere with iGlobal’s rights in the trademark, including challenging iGlobal’s use, registration of, or application to register such trademark, alone or in combination with other words, anywhere in the world, and that you will not harm, misuse, or bring into disrepute any iGlobal trademark. The goodwill derived from using any part of an iGlobal trademark exclusively inures to the benefit of and belongs to iGlobal. Except for the limited right to use as expressly permitted under these Guidelines, no other rights of any kind are granted hereunder, by implication or otherwise. If you have any questions regarding these guidelines, please contact iGlobal.
Authorized Use of iGlobal Trademarks
1. Advertising, Promotional, and Sales Materials: Only iGlobal and its partners and licensees may use the iGlobal Logo in advertising, promotional, and sales materials.
2. Publications, Seminars, and Conferences: You may use an iGlobal word mark in connection with book titles, magazines, periodicals, seminars, or conferences provided you comply with the following requirements:
a. The use reflects favorably on both iGlobal and iGlobal products or services.
b. Your name and logo appear more prominent than the iGlobal word mark on all printed materials related to the publication, seminar or conference.
c. The iGlobal Exports/Stores logo or any other iGlobal-owned graphic symbol, logo, icon or image does not appear on or in the publication or on any materials related to the publication, seminar, or conference without express written permission from iGlobal.
d. A disclaimer of sponsorship, affiliation, or endorsement by iGlobal, similar to the following, is included on the publication and on all related printed materials: “(Title) is an independent (publication) and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by iGlobal Exports, LLC.”
e. A trademark attribution notice is included in the credit section giving notice of iGlobal Export’s ownership of its trademark(s). Please refer to the section below titled “Proper Trademark Notice and Attribution.”
3. Web Sites: Web sites that serve only as noncommercial electronic informational forums concerning an iGlobal Exports product or service may use the appropriate iGlobal word mark, provided such use complies with the guidelines set forth above.
4. iGlobal Web Banners: Web sites may use one of the iGlobal Web Banners if the site uses iGlobal services directly within the site. Sites that do not display a functioning iGlobal International Checkout button in their shopping cart (or on product pages) are not to use the iGlobal Web Banners.
Unauthorized Use of iGlobal Trademarks
1. Company, Product, or Service Name: You may not use or register iGlobal Exports, iGlobal Stores or any other iGlobal trademark, including iGlobal-owned graphic symbols, logos, icons, or an alteration thereof, as or as part of a company name, trade name, product name, or service name except as specifically noted in these guidelines.
2. iGlobal Logo and iGlobal-owned Graphic Symbols: You may not use the iGlobal Exports Logo, the iGlobal Stores Logo or any other iGlobal-owned graphic symbol, logo, or icon on or in connection with web sites, products, packaging, manuals, promotional/advertising materials, or for any other purpose except pursuant to a signed partnership agreement or through other written permission.
3. Disparaging Manner: You may not use an iGlobal trademark or any other iGlobal-owned graphic symbol, logo, or icon in a disparaging manner.
4. Endorsement or Sponsorship: You may not use iGlobal Exports, iGlobal Stores or any other iGlobal trademark, including iGlobal-owned graphic symbols/logos, or icons, in a manner that would imply iGlobal’s affiliation with or endorsement, sponsorship, or support of a third party product or service.
5. Merchandise Items: You may not manufacture, sell or give-away merchandise items, such as T-shirts and mugs, bearing iGlobal, iGlobal Exports, iGlobal Stores or any other iGlobal trademark, including symbols, logos, or icons, except pursuant to an express written trademark license from iGlobal.
6. Slogans and Taglines: You may not use or imitate an iGlobal slogan or tagline.
For example: “Sell us your products. We do the rest.”
7. Domain Names: You may not use an identical or virtually identical iGlobal trademark as a second level domain name.
Not acceptable: “exports-iglobal.com” “i-global.com” “iglobalstoresonline.com” “iglobal-exports.com”
Proper Trademark Notice and Attribution
1. Distribution Within the United States Only
a. On product, product documentation, or other product communications that will be distributed only in the United States, use the appropriate trademark symbol (TM, SM, ®) the first time the iGlobal trademark appears in the text of the advertisement, brochure, or other material.
b. Include an attribution of iGlobal’s ownership of its trademarks within the credit notice section of your product, product documentation, or other product communication.
Following are the correct formats:
_________ and _______ are registered trademarks of iGlobal Exports, LLC
_________ and _______ are trademarks of iGlobal Exports, LLC
2. Distribution Outside the United States:
a. Do not use trademark symbols on products, product documentation, or other product communications that will be distributed outside the United States.
b. Use one of the following international credit notices:
_________ is a trademark of iGlobal Exports, LLC, registered in the U.S. and other countries.
_________ is a trademark of iGlobal Exports, LLC
Depictions of iGlobal Products
1. Endorsement or Sponsorship: iGlobal does not support the use of its logos, company names, product names, or images of iGlobal products by other parties in marketing, promotional or advertising materials as their use may create the perception that iGlobal endorses or sponsors the product, service or promotion.
2. Compatibility: If you are a developer, you may show an image of an iGlobal product in your promotional/advertising materials to depict that your product is compatible with, or otherwise works with, the iGlobal product or technology, provided you comply with the following requirements:
a. Your product is in fact compatible with, or otherwise works with, the referenced iGlobal product.
b. The iGlobal services are shown only in the best light, in a manner or context that reflects favorably on the iGlobalservices and on iGlobal Exports, LLC
d. The reference to iGlobal does not create a sense of endorsement or sponsorship by, or other false association with, iGlobal or iGlobal products.
For further information with respect to iGlobal’s copyrights, contact iGlobal Stores, LLC.
Updated September 16, 2011 by the iGlobal Stores Team.